:: Re: [devuan-dev] Converting Docker …
Author: Olaf Meeuwissen
To: Boian Bonev
CC: Jaromil, devuan developers internal list
Subject: Re: [devuan-dev] Converting Docker Hub `devuan` account to an organization
Hi all,

Boian Bonev <bbonev@???> writes:

> [[PGP Signed Part:Undecided]]
> Hi Olaf,
>
> On Sat, 2022-11-12 at 16:51 +0900, Olaf Meeuwissen wrote:
>> [...]
>> Unless anyone objects, I will convert[1] that `devuan` user account
>> to a Docker organization[2] shortly after 2022-11-16 Wed 12:00 UTC.
>
> Please proceed, I think that is the proper way.

No other feedback, neither here nor private mail, so the deed is done.

>> This conversion cannot be undone.  After converting, the `devuan` ID
>> can no longer be used to log in.  Hence, the password becomes
>> meaningless. During the conversion, a single user account needs to be
>> set as the organization's owner.  I will use my `paddyhack` account
>> for that.

Apart from no longer being able to login, the email address that *was*
associated with the ID has been removed. Notifications will be sent to
organization owners.

The email address can be reused for another Docker ID if desired.

>> If other Devuan developers need to be added as owners, let me know
>> (by way of signed mail).  [...]
>
> Please add Jaromil's (he will provide). I do not have one (yet) but
> will make and give that to you.

Got the signed and encrypted request to be added from Boian and sent an
"invite" to become an owner of the `devuan` organization.

Still waiting for Jaromil's request to be added.

>> [...]
>> I may be filling out bits and pieces of info of the currently very
>> bare bones and boring account before the conversion but before that I
>> have a marathon to run tomorrow ;-)

Didn't get around to doing so. Busy chasing an odd bug in debootstrap
that turned out to have been fixed in 1.0.125. Guess I'll have to work
around that for the Docker container images up to chimaera :-/

Hope this helps,
--
Olaf Meeuwissen