:: Re: [DNG] Devuan camera app which w…
Author: dvalin
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Devuan camera app which works?

Haines Brown wrote:>> I'm not sure what kind of camera you have, but
I've been supporting a
>> Kitchbar document camers with cheese and it works just fine. Runnng
>> Daesalus

Apologies for the late reply ... only back to this issue now.

Even after a post-install reboot and a power cycle on the camera,
cheese
insists: "No device found" That's plugged into the USB port on which I

regularly back up on USB sticks, and uses the camera's cable which
worked finewith the previous Devuan. Cheese manually invoked.
Many thanks for the suggestion, though.

The link to the archive, at
https://mailinglists.dyne.org/cgi-bin/mailman/private/dng/is now not
taking me there any more. So I cannot check for list replies.
It's as if I've been unsubscribed?
It is frustrating when a distro  upgrade stops things working, but I
have to begrateful that the pictures I need off the camera are of
three 80 foot trees whichfell toward my house on Friday night, as a
result of the acute sogginess hittingAustralia's east coast ATM, but
_all_three_ caught in other trees and hung 50feet up until today, when
they were safely dismembered and brought down bya team of arborists
who would put trapeze artists to shame. (No net, and very high.)
They were two feet thick hardwoods (Messmates), each capable of
complete
domestic demolition.