:: Re: [DNG] ..so, Orson Welles and A…
Author: Arnt Karlsen
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] ..so, Orson Welles and Aldous Huxley predicted Microsoft & Lennart Poettering's "Brave New Trusted Boot World"? :oD [OT]
On Mon, 07 Nov 2022 16:24:51 -0600, golinux@??? wrote in message
<c762ae67569b28cb2b21cf51558431bb@???>:

> On 2022-11-07 15:59, Arnt Karlsen wrote:
> > On Mon, 7 Nov 2022 21:35:04 +0100, tito wrote in message
> > <20221107213504.7a2c861a@devuan>:

> >> 8-} yes, I'll call the CEO tomorrow morning....

> > ..aye, tell the CEO. ;o)
> >

> I am stunned that EU has accepted

.."accepted"? ;oD They drove it thru.

> such a dystopian assimilation into
> the "hive". Why have you rolled over and submitted?! My advice? Rise
> up!!

..too late, all the bank's local town branch offices are long gone here
in Norway. I can't really speak for our friendly neighbor the EU. ;o)

> Your comments have really made me appreciate what I have going here.
>
> My bank is locally owned and has been for over 100 years. The
> President has always had an "open door" policy so if I had something
> to discuss with him I'd give a knock.
>
> I do no banking online. If I need to move stuff around, I give them a
> (corded) phone call and they take care of it over the phone and I
> still write paper checks. When I need cash, I wander in and everybody
> knows my name.

..we're down to ATM's dispensing cash, and to taking cash refunds
when returning stuff we buy. Cash is very good in war when power
and cell phone service etc is down, though.

> Perhaps they are humoring me because I am such a
> fossil . . .

..perhaps. That fossil way leaves a void that can be tracked. ;o)

> golinux

Scenarios always come in sets of three: