:: Re: [DNG] ..so, Orson Welles and A…
Author: Antonio Rendina
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] ..so, Orson Welles and Aldous Huxley predicted Microsoft & Lennart Poettering's "Brave New Trusted Boot World"? :oD [OT]

Il 07/11/22 14:22, Steve Litt ha scritto:
> Antonio Rendina via Dng said on Mon, 7 Nov 2022 09:51:41 +0100
>
>> I think that the comparison should not stop to the hardware. In the
>> end it's all about free software.
>> I bought a tuxedo 5 or 6 years ago, at that time it was a Clevo
>> rebranded, so if I want to spare money I would buy a clevo paying
>> attention to buy supported hardware.
>
> 10%, sure. 20%, well, OK. But a 48% premium? I get it that it's good to
> get as close to Open Source as you can, but that's a hell of a premium.

That's correct ( did not check the numbers though :-) ) I guess that is
what happens when you are almost alone in the market.

But my point here was that you can go directly buying a Clevo or
whatever brand that is assembling a laptop making you choose the
hardware spares, and you should be able to get a good price, maybe not
like a "Mall ready" laptop, but at least competitive.

Still you don't get a full opensource bios.