:: Re: [DNG] ...Orson Welles and Aldou…
Author: Didier Kryn
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] ...Orson Welles and Aldous Huxley [more off-topicality]
Le 07/11/2022 à 03:14, Hendrik Boom a écrit :
> On Sun, Nov 06, 2022 at 06:04:32PM -0500, Max Hyre wrote:
>>    Dear Steve Litt et al.:
>>
>>    (Sorry, I couldn't find your original e-mail to reply to.)

>>    For an android phone, take a look at FairPhone:
>>
>>                    https://shop.fairphone.com/en/
>>
>> They're not the hottest specs (thickness, screen size, &c.), but if you're
>> not in the market for a status symbol, they've got a lot to recommend them.
>> First, they're running around 750 Euros, they're committed to upgrading the
>> OS for as long as the phone's warranted, it's open boot (you can replace the
>> OS!), and a whole lot more.  I'd own one, bur I'm a USAian, and they're
>> limiting sales to EU countries.
>>
>>    Hope this is worth the electrons.
> I'm not in the USA, but I'm in Canada. Also not part of the EU.
> Maybe someone else will find your link useful.

    Might be usefull to me. Still haven't a smart phone. Just a mobile
phone which can also manage SMS. But EU and the French government are
steadily enforcing the use of smartphones and replacing all paper-based
administrative features with networking and automatons, which are deeply
buggy and subject to be hacked by the North Koreans. We'll all be forced
to get enslaved to smartphones sooner or later. Better have some control
on the OS and the fucking "apps". "Welcome in the Future!" these buggy
crap tells you when you connect. Oh George could you imagine that!

--     Didier

--     Didier