:: Re: [DNG] ...Orson Welles and Aldou…
Author: Max Hyre
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] ...Orson Welles and Aldous Huxley [more off-topicality]
   Dear Steve Litt et al.:

   (Sorry, I couldn't find your original e-mail to reply to.)

>> On Sat, Nov 05, 2022 at 08:06:41PM -0400, Steve Litt wrote:
>> Now I'm encountering the same issue with replacing my Android phone.
>> Looking at Pinephone and the Purism phone. Purism phone manufactured in the USA was about $2000 last time I looked. or a ower proce I could order one made in China for a mere $1200 or so, but delivery time was listed as 52 weeks.
>>
>> Pinephone was notieably cheaper -- some models an order ot magnitude cheaper.

   For an android phone, take a look at FairPhone:

                   https://shop.fairphone.com/en/

They're not the hottest specs (thickness, screen size, &c.), but if
you're not in the market for a status symbol, they've got a lot to
recommend them.  First, they're running around 750 Euros, they're
committed to upgrading the OS for as long as the phone's warranted, it's
open boot (you can replace the OS!), and a whole lot more.  I'd own one,
bur I'm a USAian, and they're limiting sales to EU countries.

   Hope this is worth the electrons.

                  Best wishes,

                              Max Hyre