:: [devuan-dev] Meeting notes 2022-11-…
Author: B Stack
To: devuan developers internal list
Subject: [devuan-dev] Meeting notes 2022-11-03
# Devuan meet 2022-11-03 @20:30 UTC

Present: fsmithred, golinux, rrq, plentyn, hendrik

## Old Business

## Old Actions

## New Business

### golinux
* Disruptive new forum member.

### LeePen

#### Updated packages
* ceres: rsyslog(×2), policykit-1, distro-info-data(×2), net-retriever,
pdns-recursor.

#### Amprolla
* updates to support non-free-firmware and consider parent suites when
blocking unforked packages are merged into
[test/deployment](https://git.devuan.org/devuan/amprolla3/commits/branch/test/deployment)
and running on test instance.
* started a
[testsuite](https://git.devuan.org/devuan/amprolla3/commits/branch/testsuite)
using pytest. It covers most basic functions and merge scenarios. It
revealed a few bugs along the way which are fixed. Review, comments
and more test scenarios are welcome. My intention is define amprolla's
behaviour in the testsuite, so it is easier to work on and be sure a
bug is fixed without the core functionality being changed
inadvertently.
* I am considering adding some notifications to irc, say #devuan-ci.
Thoughts?

### rrq
* rearranging the backup mirroring; trying out "duplicity"
  *- the remote user need not be root
  *- maintains history well (using rdiff to make a series of incremental
    tar files)
  *- if it works :) (someone voiced concern about some restore issue)
* I've turned off the mailing list setup on "backup" (mailman3,
  mailman3-dev, slapd, apache2)

## New Actions
* (gl) Comment about the tagline "Devuan Webmail. Software freedom, your
way. :: " that pops up on hover from the panel. It is really long and
annoying. The . :: also looks awkward, If you must include the whole
choking mouthful maybe try this: Devuan Webmail - Software freedom,
your way :: Being a visual minimalist, just "Devuan Webmail" would be
my preference . . . ;)