:: Re: [DNG] ..so, Orson Welles and A…
Author: Steve Litt
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] ..so, Orson Welles and Aldous Huxley predicted Microsoft & Lennart Poettering's "Brave New Trusted Boot World"? :oD [OT]
Didier Kryn said on Sat, 5 Nov 2022 10:04:17 +0100

>     All these "security" features go far over my head. I'm not
> inclined
>to devote much time in understanding how it all works.

Same with me. And yet, as unknowledgeable as I am, the last time I was
conscious of being hacked was in the 1990's, when using MS Windows.

> I consider it's
>intention is to fuck up and lock down ordinary people like me and
>prevent us  from building and booting the Linux kernel on our own.

I share your opinion.

>This has always been the dedication of LP and that's why he was in his
>genuine biotope at RedHat and now Micro$oft.

I consider poettering more of a useless idiot. He's a very skilled
maker of super-complexified software Rube Goldberg machines. Redhat and
microsloth saw great value in the complexification of Linux, so they
paid him to muck it up worse, and also redhat did a shock and awe
marketing campaign with the distros to get them to accept systemd.

SteveT

Steve Litt
Summer 2022 featured book: Thriving in Tough Times