:: Re: [DNG] Mixer for alsa
Author: aitor
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Mixer for alsa
Hi again, Steve

On 3/9/22 13:12, aitor wrote:

> Hi Steve,
>
> On 3/9/22 0:40, Steve Litt wrote:
>> Any chance of my getting the source code to compile on my computer?
> Yes, I have it working in my Void Linux:
> https://www.gnuinos.org/gmixer/amixer-gtk.png
> You can download the tarball from here:
> https://www.gnuinos.org/gmixer/amixer-gtk.tar.xz
> Then, you need to remove pulseaudio and install the following dependencies:
>
> - make
> - base-devel (provides g++)
> - pkg-config
> - alsa-lib-devel
> - gtkmm2-devel
> - libsigc++dev
> - procps-ng-devel
> - wmctrl
>
> The last one is a runtime dependency required in order to send the application to the current desktop workspace via:
>
>    $ wmctrl -i -r $(wmctrl -l | grep " amixer-gtk$" | cut -d ' ' -f 1) \
>         -t $(xprop -root -notype _NET_CURRENT_DESKTOP | cut -d ' ' -f 3)

> Once you've installed all the packages, use the make commands:
>

>    make,
>    make clean,
>    make cleanall,
>    make install,
>    make uninstall

> Amixer-gtk is a very recent project and there might be some possible bugs. If so, please let me know.
> Thanks for your interest in the project!

Today I did a mistake somewhere and the gui is not receiving sound event notifications. I'll fix this issue as soon as possible.
On the other hand, I have tested it on other machines (on august I had only one computer to hand), and it's working only for
the "hw:0" card, but I'll work on that too.

I'll let you know...

Cheers,

Aitor.