:: Re: [DNG] elogind on a server?
Author: Joril
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] elogind on a server?
On 04/08/22 04:05, Gregory Nowak via Dng wrote:

> I don't have elogind installed on my server, and don't seem to have
> problems. I suppose you can try to purge it, and see what else it
> wants to remove before answering yes or no.

I've purged elogind and libpam-elogind two days ago, no problems so far!

Fun fact: after removing elogind a massive memory leak went away
(Unreclaimable slab_cache - I had to reboot this machine every two weeks)
Could be this issue https://github.com/systemd/systemd/issues/8015 but
they claim that it was a bug in kernel version < 5.3 and I'm running 5.10

Anyway, many thanks for your time!