:: Re: [DNG] article about devuan
Author: o1bigtenor
CC: Devuan ML
New-Topics: [DNG] About the majoritys choise (Re: article about devuan)
Subject: Re: [DNG] article about devuan
On Sat, Jul 30, 2022 at 7:26 AM Fernando M. Maresca via Dng
<dng@???> wrote:

> On Sat, Jul 30, 2022 at 01:14:10PM +0200, tito via Dng wrote:
> > On Sat, 30 Jul 2022 06:07:53 -0400
> > Steve Litt <slitt@???> wrote:

> > > I thought most of the Devuan review was accurate and complimentary. However, I've
> > > never thought of Devuan as "retro" or particularly inconvenient for newbies.
> > >
> > > SteveT
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > FUD:"And now we come to the last Linux distro on our list, where things get extreme.
> > This is because we’re not just discussing another systemd-free Linux distribution,
> > but one on a mission against systemd. But first, let me explain what this is all about."
>

> +1
>
> I, however, really don't know if the author is malicious or simply ignorant;
> these days there's a hord of people that think Debian's difficult. I
> don't know why.

My guess regarding why people find Debian difficult is that its still not a
'pure' gui solution. In other words everything is measured against M$ Win
where almost everything done by joe average user is gui. I haven't been in
the Mac world for over 20 years and it was that way there then - - - dunno
about today.
The author is one who bemoans the loss of his beloved windows even as
her runs a linux distro - - - that would be my understanding. Likely he
switched to a linux distro to keep up with what he perceived as the 'cool
guys' not for any other real reason.

Dunno as to the real reason but I've given up on trying to get others to
switch from M$ Win - - - - the argument always gets to 'the majority
of users just can't be wrong' to which there is no real effective counter.

Regards