:: Re: [DNG] Question re: screen blank…
Author: Ludovic Bellière
To: Devuan ML
Subject: Re: [DNG] Question re: screen blanking and shutoff
You need to understand how your Desktop environment is being initialized. It is
started by the Display Manager, thus inherit whatever environment variable is
sourced by the DM. To have the DM be aware of custom variables, it needs to
source that information from a file from your home directory. The file itself
depends on the DM and/or DE, on how it's been written, because this hasn't been
standardized.

At the core, all they are doing is starting a Xorg session. Which means that
/etc/X11/Xsession is being involved. I remember having to change something in
order to make xfce aware of additional PATH entries, but I since then changed my
DE to KDE. I can't remember the steps I had to take. It probably has to do with
a file present in /etc/xdg/xfce4

You could try your luck with ~/.xsessionrc though.

Cheers,
                 Ludovic