:: Re: [DNG] Question re: screen blank…
Author: o1bigtenor
To: Ludovic Bellière, o1bigtenor, Devuan ML
Subject: Re: [DNG] Question re: screen blanking and shutoff
On Thu, Jul 28, 2022 at 8:44 AM Ludovic Bellière
<belliere.ludovic@???> wrote:

> That would be an environment variable. It has to be written into a file sourced
> by your DM, each has their own standard. For KDE/sddm, you can look into
> /etc/sddm/Xsession to see which file correspond to your system (it's different
> whether you use bash or zsh or whatever else).

Hm - - - - did some snooping around in /etc/ . . . where I see that lxdm is
the default-display-manager yet when I'm looking in the lxqt session settings
there I'm told that xfwm4 is my window manager.
(This doesn't help me figuring out what's wrong - - - that's for sure.)

Dunno what having these two things different does.

I can't find a neat place where anything is said about xscreensaver
and that it
run like this and do this (except in the xscreensaver setup dialog boxes).

I'm thinking this is somehow browser related but I can't find anywhere to
kick the browsers in their collective pants (don't care if I perhaps
break their
necks in the process either) so that the screensaver can shut of the screens.

Appreciate the ideas and am chasing any one of them as far as I can - - grin!

TIA