:: Re: [DNG] no mails from dng :-( [ma…
Author: Marjorie Roome
To: Stefan Krusche, dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] no mails from dng :-( [maybe OT]
Hi Stefan,

On Thu, 2022-07-28 at 09:35 +0200, Stefan Krusche wrote:
> Good Day everybody,
>
> I haven't been receiving any messages from this list since
> 18.7.2022 02:17 (simple-netaid for daedalus) and I have no idea
> why.
>
> My mail domain is hosted/served by jpberlin.de, a company in Berlin,
> Germany. There are no messages in the spam folder on the server
> either.
>
> Has something changed? What can I do to find out what happened?

Looking at the headers on recent posts (not just those from you) from
the DNG list I'm now seeing the following:

verification failed" (2048-bit key; unprotected) header.d=gmail.com
header.i=@gmail.com header.b="dZ8HIihF"; dkim-atps=neutral

Different servers and their spam filters have different policies as to
what is acceptable and outright rejection is always possible: as these
are silent then you'll never know how many spam or legitimate emails
are getting rejected as the emails never get to your spam folder - on
my server a majority of obvious spam never gets to my spam folder as it
is clearly malformed (no valid reverse DNS, for example).

I have my own postfix server with rspamd and it's not rejecting DNG due
to the DKIM authentication but it's possible yours may do. And as it's
my own server I also do get to see summary information about all
rejections.

This is a recent change on the DNG list server so it probably needs
fixing.

Interestingly I'm not seeing it in Marc reply, so maybe it /has/ been
fixed!

Irrespective, it may be your mail server provider is a bit too strict.

--
Marjorie

On 28 July 2022 08:35:40 BST, Stefan Krusche <linux@???>
I haven't been receiving any messages from this list since 18.7.2022
02:17 (simple-netaid for daedalus) and I have no idea why.

My mail domain is hosted/served by jpberlin.de, a company in Berlin,
Germany. There are no messages in the spam folder on the server either.

Has something changed? What can I do to find out what happened?

Thanks,
Stefan
Dng mailing list
Dng@???