:: Re: [DNG] Chimaera on a Banana Pi R…
Author: Antony Stone
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Chimaera on a Banana Pi R1 / Lamobo R1
On Saturday 23 July 2022 at 14:52:37, Antony Stone wrote:

> On Saturday 23 July 2022 at 13:47:00, Antony Stone wrote:
> > Hi.
> >
> > I'm trying to install Devuan Chimaera on a Banana Pi R1 board, also known
> > as a Lamobo R1: https://linux-sunxi.org/Lamobo_R1
> >
> > The keyboard doesn't work. (It works on any other computer)
>
> Update: I've now connected an FTDI UART adapter and I have two-way
> communication with the Banana over its serial port, and I can start going
> through the installation process.
>
> This time, the network doesn't work...

> So, I'm starting to wonder - has anybody verified that the Devuan images
> I'm working from actually work on this board?

Further update - I just put a Bananian image onto the SD card, booted it up,
and both the USB keyboard and the network interface work.

So, there's nothing wrong with the hardware - but the Chimaera installer
certainly doesn't work on it.

Can anyone kindly point me at how best to debug this, and maybe improve the
installer for others?

Thanks,

Antony.

--
"I estimate there's a world market for about five computers."

- Thomas J Watson, Chairman of IBM

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.