:: [devuan-dev] bug#685: bug#685: Unne…
Author: tito
To: devuan-dev
CC: Klaus Ethgen, 685
Subject: [devuan-dev] bug#685: bug#685: Unneeded dependency for systemd-standalone-tmpfiles
On Mon, 4 Jul 2022 15:07:07 +0100
Klaus Ethgen <Klaus@???> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Am Mo den 4. Jul 2022 um 9:23 schrieb Mark Hindley:
> > On Mon, Jul 04, 2022 at 08:17:20AM +0100, Klaus Ethgen wrote:
> > > Package: lvm2
> > > Version: 2.03.15-1
> > > Severity: normal
> >
> > However, lvm2 is not forked in Devuan and we used Debian's packages directly
> > without recompilation. Please report this to Debian's BTS.
>
> Sorry, no.
>
> I had too many fights especially with this Michael Biebl who is one main
> driver of putting systemd dependencies in many, many unrelated tools. He
> does use his power to close real bugs with wontfix just as he can.
>
> The bug above is a candidate for this I... to jump in and close it in
> this way.
>
> I don't engage in such fights anymore. That was one main reason, I
> changed to devuan.
>
> Regards
>    Klaus

Hi,
this package is available in devuan:

apt list *tmpfiles* -a
Listing... Done
systemd-standalone-tmpfiles/unstable 251.2-7 amd64
systemd-standalone-tmpfiles/stable-backports 250.4-1~bpo11+1 amd64

and seems not directly related with systemd:

Package: systemd-standalone-tmpfiles (251.2-7)

standalone tmpfiles binary for use in non-systemd systems

Standalone tmpfiles binary with minimal dependencies. This package conflicts with the main systemd package and is meant for use in non-systemd systems.

Ciao,
Tito