:: Re: [DNG] PHP question
Author: Antony Stone
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] PHP question
On Thursday 23 June 2022 at 17:49:03, Curtis Maurand via Dng wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've been running Devuan on my break even public facing webhosting
> system for several years. I've been using ISPConfig and the debian
> perfect server instructions with adjustments for Devuan. I'm up to
> Devuan Beowulf at the moment and trying to go to chimaera so that I can
> get PHP 7.4 support. I'm happy to build a new server and migrate sites
> from Beowulf to Chimaera except that PHP 7.4 goes end of life at the end
> of November of this year. The current versions PHP are 8.0 and 8.1.
>
> Using the instructions at packages.sury.org, I am able to add the other
> versions of PHP except for PHPN.n-fpm due to a (what seems to be a
> completely unnecessary) dependence upon systemd.

I ran into something similar when installing FreeSwitch under Devuan.

That had a specific dependency on 'freeswitch-systemd' which in turn had a
dependency on 'systemd'.

Looking at 'freeswitch-systemd' it turned out simply to be the systemd unit
file (and perhaps some associated stuff, but certainly nothing I wanted to
have), so I found out how to use "equivs" and built my own package named
'freeswitch-systemd' simply to fulfil the dependency and allow me to install
the rest of FreeSwitch.

Many thanks to Nikolaus Klepp on this list for introducing me to that tool:

https://lists.dyne.org/lurker/message/20210819.162944.34afeba7.en.html

Maybe you can do the same? Look in detail at precisely what dependencies
there are, and whether you can fool the installer into thinking you already
have one of the packages it needs, and therefore it can go ahead and install
the rest.

http://retinal.dehy.de/docs/doku.php?id=technotes:freeswitch may also help
you.

Antony.

--
In the Beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

- Terry Pratchett

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.