:: Re: [DNG] vdev in chimaera
Author: karl
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] vdev in chimaera
Didier:
> Le 26/05/2022 à 13:26, karl@??? a écrit :
> > The kernel devtmpfs makes dev files come and go, yes, but they
> > will have some default user, group and permission setting, so
> > *dev daemons handle that part.
>
>     Yes, I forgot this point.
>
>     However handling permission and ownership is a simple task.
> Couldn't it be done by a script fed by inotifywait ?
>
>     'inotifywait -mqe create --format %f /dev | PermissionManager.sh'
>
>     An oversimple hotplugger (~:

Well, why don't you try it and tell us.

The simplest cause of action is to have the /dev files previously set
up. A static /dev is sufficient enless you use md's with superblock
version > 0.90, hdmi audio (I guess) and lvm, and I guess if you havn't
root access on your system and uses not permanently connected usb devices.

Regards,
/Karl Hammar