:: Re: [DNG] vdev in chimaera
Author: aitor
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] vdev in chimaera
Hi,

On 20/1/22 0:23, aitor wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I uploaded some images of gnuinos chimaera including vdev as default
> device manager.
>
> https://www.gnuinos.org/mirror/chimaera/live/
> <https://www.gnuinos.org/mirror/chimaera/live/>

Most recent installer-isos also contain vdev as default device manager, which is
installed from the very beginning in the base system:

https://www.gnuinos.org/mirror/chimaera/installer-iso/ <https://www.gnuinos.org/mirror/chimaera/installer-iso/>

It's possible to choose between sysvinit, openrc or runit at the end of the
installation, but unlike devuan, the later is set as default.

Bear in mind that you can always toggle device managers via apt, whether:

# apt-get install libeudev1 eudev

or

# apt-get install libudev1-compat vdev

> I included fsmithred's usbpmount.sh and usb-unmount.sh yad scripts to
> handle usb sticks, pending the arrival of an improved release of
> hopman in chimaera.

Removable media is now managed by hopman in all the isos of gnuinos.

Cheers,

Aitor.