:: [DNG] Looking for xorg.conf (was Re…
Author: Olaf Meeuwissen
To: dng
Subject: [DNG] Looking for xorg.conf (was Re: mouse driver question)
Hi,

Fred <fred@???> writes:

> [...]
> I had previously looked for xorg.conf in /etc/X11 where one would
> expect a config. file to be. I did find one at
> /usr/share/doc/xserver-xorg-video-intel/xorg.conf. It had a single
> entry and didn't appear likely to be read for mouse configuration.

As I mentioned in a previous response, nowadays Xorg gets by without
this file quite well, most of the time. It simply probes your system
and uses what it finds. You can configure things yourself but you'll
have to write your own /etc/X11/xorg.conf yourself.

Hope this helps,
--
Olaf Meeuwissen                    FSF Associate Member since 2004-01-27