:: Re: [DNG] mouse driver question
Author: Fred
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] mouse driver question
On 4/23/22 15:26, Hendrik Boom wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 22, 2022 at 12:19:45PM -0700, Fred wrote:
>
>> The mouse is a Sun three button mouse without the scroll wheel. I
>> frequently use a program that makes extensive use of the middle button and
>> the pc mouse scroll wheel is hateful.
>
> I would like a mouse with a middle button *and* a scroll wheel.
> So there's no ambiguity as to which I am using.
> I've never seen one.
>
> -- hendrik

I would be very happy with that. The scroll wheel should never have
been included with the middle button but it is cheaper to build that way
and that is more important than ergonomics. I also don't like the
beetle wings for buttons one and three because I am often accidentally
clicking button three. The Sun mouse has three buttons with spacing
between to rest your fingers.

Best regards,
Fred