:: Re: [DNG] mouse driver question
Author: Fred
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] mouse driver question
On 4/22/22 13:46, karl@??? wrote:
> Fred:
>> As I said in an earlier post there is an article on using a (different)
>> Sun mouse on Linux. The protocol used was msc. From looking at the
>> output with an oscilloscope that protocol does appear close if not correct.
>
> Type-4 and -5 mice seems to been made by mouse systems:
> https://www.oldmouse.com/mouse/mousesystems/sun.shtml
> http://www.telltronics.org/hardware/SunMouse.html
>
> My own sun moues is a type compact-1 and is done by Logitech.
>
> So your primary choises would be msc and mman (in gpm parlance).
>

>> As I said in an earlier post I haven't been able to get gpm to do
>> anything with the pointer.
>
> Have you tried:
>
> mouse-test [ device ]
>
> Regards,
> /Karl Hammar

Hi,
That program is actually gpm-mouse-test. According to the man page it
is incomplete but otherwise would be helpful. The mouse I would like to
use appears as a serial port but gpm-mouse-test doesn't provide any
option for baud rate. The author is listed in the man page and I will
email him to stir the pot.

The Sun mouse I would like to use is also a compact-1. Does the
mouse-test program you mention work with your compact-1 mouse and
therefore is actually a different program than the one in the gpm package?

Best regards,
Fred