:: Re: [devuan-mirrors] Making the Dev…
Author: onefang
To: devuan-mirrors
Subject: Re: [devuan-mirrors] Making the Devuan package mirrors DNS-RR better.
On 2022-04-21 18:17:44, Carlos wrote:
> onefang (onefang_devuan@???) wrote on Thu, Apr 21, 2022 at 12:00:22PM -03:
> > So we advertise in the release notes that DNS Round-Robin package mirrors
> > update every 30 minutes, yet you don't all do that. Some are updated 1,
> > 2, or 3 hours.
> >
> > Can we fix that please?
>
> I've just changed devuan.c3sl.ufpr.br to 30min, was every hour.

Thanks. I have updated the mirror list to show that.

> > > If your mirror has weekly update statistics less than
> > > 100%, please let me know what your update frequency is.
>
> The mirror check page is confusing. We appear also as
> sagres.c3sl.ufpr.br and flagged as not in the RR. What does it mean?

That part is showing the complete tree of DNS resloving.
devuan.c3sl.ufpr.br is a CNAME for sagres.c3sl.ufpr.br, so that's
showing in that list.

> I also don't understand the warnings about redirection of some
> packages to security.debian.org and debian.c3sl.ufpr.br. Is it because
> these are different? Anyway I've just changed it to point only to us.

>From what I understand Debian insists that only security.debian.org is to

be used for securiny updates of Debian packages. I may be wrong, or they
may have changed that.

> Further, we're not listed in https://www.devuan.org/get-devuan.
> Probably it's because we don't have the isos. How can we be a mirror
> for this as well?

You are correct, it's because you don't have ISOs. So the first step is
to get the ISOs.

rsync --delete -avX files.devuan.org::devuan /srv/mirrors/files.devuan.org/devuan-cd

Or something similar would work.

Then let the WWW admins know that you have them. The IRC channel
#devuan-dev on the usual IRC server is best.