:: Re: [DNG] Beowulf to Chimaera updat…
Author: Brad Campbell
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Beowulf to Chimaera update breaks suspend on laptop
On 8/4/22 08:15, Ralph Ronnquist wrote:
> afaik on chimaera xfce4 relies on elogind for handling "suspend on lid
> close", and this is something you may disable by a slight edit of
> /etc/elogind/logind.conf, to have the three assignments:
> HandleLidSwitch=ignore
> HandleLidSwitchExternalPower=ignore
> HandleLidSwitchDocked=ignore
>
> Hopefully that will let your previous suspend solution work.

G'day Ralph,

No, that didn't work. xfce4-power-manager had already taken over the monitoring and management and I couldn't
figure out how to stop it using elogind as the back-end even with all the suspend/hibernate tasks disabled
in elogind.

As pm-utils hasn't been updated in years, and xfce4 recently dropped support for it entirely (removed the interface code)
I figure I'm going to have to make elogind work at some point, so it might as well be now.

Regards,
Brad