:: Re: [devuan-dev] Meeting notes 2022…
Author: tito
To: devuan-dev
Subject: Re: [devuan-dev] Meeting notes 2022-03-24
On Tue, 29 Mar 2022 08:56:23 -0400
B Stack <bgstack15@???> wrote:

> # Devuan meet 2022-03-24 @20:30 UTC
>
> Present: hendrik, Centurion-Dan, golinux, fsmithred, plasma41, rrq,
> Plentyn
>
> ## Old Business
>
> ## Old Actions
>
> ## New Business
>
> ### LeePen Package updates
>   * ceres: openvpn, base-files, tasksel (Closes:
>     [#670](https://bugs.devuan.org/670)), network-manager
>   * chimaera-proposed-updates: base-files, tasksel

> ### golinux
> * Sapphire theming progress:
>   * Desktop: https://transfer.sh/56Uymc/C-P-sapphire.png
>   * Login: https://transfer.sh/QWbpaM/slim-sapphire.png
>   * grub (sort of):
>     https://transfer.sh/4OCc9T/sapphire-transparent-overlay.png
>   * Have started to put pieces into git documentation:
>     https://git.devuan.org/devuan/documentation/src/branch/master/art/graphics/05-daedalus-sapphire
> * dokuwiki backup on google docs . . . :(

> ### fsmithred
> * new live-iso builders on devuan servers work. How do I move the isos
> to files.devuan.org? (sftp login from files failed.)
>
> ### plasma41
> * I've been tinkering with the PinePhone. I tried converting Mobian to
> Devuan, a package at a time, just to see how quickly it would break. I
> swapped out the Debian dbus packages with the Devuan dbus packages &
> rebooted and phosh, the graphical shell based on GNOME Shell, failed
> to draw anything on the screen. The phone displays a Mobian logo via
> plymouth during boot, then you are stuck on a black screen (LCD
> backlight illuminated but nothing drawn to the screen). Might have had
> more success if I swapped out more packages at a time. More tinkering
> awaits!
> * Did you try Maemo Leste?

Hi,

I've tried maemo leste out of desperation, after having tried mobian,
kde plasma, having looked at ubports and postmarketOS. it is by far
the best and almost complete also the ui is by far the most usable
all other are light years away from being apt for daily use.
Mobian I suspect abandoned pinephone in favour of the new
pinephone Pro (so one more brick for my collection).
Kde manjaro breaks every other day if you try to update it and most of the
packages look ugly and/or are not optimized for the device's screen or slow.
ubports is not usable as most features are not fully functional.
PostmarketOs fragmented their effort among millions of devices,
ui's and in years were not able to have one fully functional,
when they reach release 1.0 the networks supported by the devices
will already be superseded by other standards (so more bricks...).
LineageOs AFAIK doesn't support the pinephone.
Maemo leste is on a good path but undermanned.
At least they concentrate their efforts on just a few devices,
so with a little more help they could succeed.

Ciao,
Tito