:: Re: [DNG] Wifi problem - dhclient t…
Author: Joel Roth
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Wifi problem - dhclient times out with no reply - SOLVED
On Fri, Mar 11, 2022 at 09:40:15AM -1000, Joel Roth via Dng wrote:
> Hi wifi veterans,
>
> I recently migrated my chimaera system to new hardware. The
> wifi adapter is Broadcom BCM43228. Installing the
> firmware-b43-installer package got this adapter working
> normally.
>
> After doing an apt-get upgrade, I can get a a wifi
> connection, for example using wpa_gui, however dhclient just
> times out.
>
> Do you have any suggestions for how to troubleshoot this?

The problem seemed to be with my wifi configuration.
I'd been using the 2.4GHz radio. Perhaps the settings,
based on Apple recommendations, weren't the best.

In any case, by enabling the 5GHz radio with AC mode,
WPA2-PSK and 80MHz signal width my BCM43228 associated with
the router and received an IP address.

Thanks for your attention!

--
Joel Roth