:: Re: [DNG] Wifi problem - dhclient t…
Author: Simon
To: Devuan ML
Subject: Re: [DNG] Wifi problem - dhclient times out with no reply
Gregory Nowak via Dng <dng@???> wrote:

> If I understand that you can associate with the access point through
> wpa_gui, what does iwconfig(8) say? If iwconfig says the adapter is
> associated with the access point, can you configure a static IP
> address valid on your network, and does that work, or do you still
> have no internet connection.

Yes, that would narrow it down to a network problem or a DHCP problem.

Assuming the network is working (can statically configure and pass traffic), then I think the next stage would be to start sniffing traffic (e.g. with wireshark, or the cmd line version, shark). Are you getting packets out, are there replies coming back, etc. Also repeat that on the DHCP server (if you can).

Simon