:: [DNG] Configuring ethernet port for…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Joel Roth
A: dng
Assumpte: [DNG] Configuring ethernet port for IPv6

--
Joel Roth
Hi Steve,

Long time...

> On my next router, (probably OpenBSD/pf), I'm going to block all IPV6.
> I enjoy that the badguys have to jump through one more hoop (NAT) to
> hit me where it hurts.

IPv6 does have some security features lacking in IPv4.

> I'm not an authority on firewalls and routers, but I'm going to try
> hard to pass only a very few IP addresses on my LAN, and put the Wifi
> on a third network card.

Hopefully someone is researching this for us.

> In my opinion, IOT (the Internet Of Things) is for the most part an
> abomination. I don't want my thermostat on the same subnet as my LAN.

I was thinking of an IOT thermometer.

Don't you want to hear something like "Hi I'm your smart
thermometer. You're temperature is a little high today. You might
have a cold, or worse. Have you been vaccinated yet? I
recommend you stay at home till you feel better."