:: Re: [DNG] Configuring ethernet port…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Joel Roth
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] Configuring ethernet port for IPv6 - broken hardware revealed by dmesg
On Fri, Jan 28, 2022 at 05:50:37PM -0700, Gregory Nowak via Dng wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 28, 2022 at 12:40:36PM -1000, Joel Roth via Dng wrote:

> I'm not sure, but is it possible your ethernet chip is one which
> requires firmware from the firmware-misc-nonfree package?

This is an older thinkpad, I think it's unlikely to need
extra firmware. When I try to install firmware-misc-nonfree I'm told:

Package firmware-misc-nonfree is not available, but is referred to by another package.
is only available from another source

I do have firmware-linux-nonfree installed.