:: Re: [devuan-mirrors] Making the Dev…
Author: Boian Bonev
To: Dimitris, devuan-mirrors
New-Topics: Re: [devuan-mirrors] Making the Devuan package mirrors DNS-RR better.
Subject: Re: [devuan-mirrors] Making the Devuan package mirrors DNS-RR better.
Hello,

On Thu, 2022-01-27 at 10:58 +0200, Dimitris wrote:
> Στις 26/1/22 01:51, ο/η onefang έγραψε:
> > Any other mirror admins that wish to be added to this, please send me your
> > country codes you can cover.
> >

> mirror.stinpriza.org is located in DE, but since DE is already
> "crowded", we'd prefer serving southeast europe. CCs :
> AL, BA, BG, HR, CY, GR, MK, ME, RO, RS, SI, PS
>
> question, do we need web server changes to reflect serving individual
> CCs? or is it all dns?
>
> ---
>
> we're updating every 30' minutes, but from another ip6 enabled mirror
> (mirror.dotsrc.org), cause pkgmaster.d.o is still ip4 only.

# nslookup pkgmaster.devuan.org
Server:        192.168.97.14
Address:    192.168.97.14#53

Non-authoritative answer:
Name:    pkgmaster.devuan.org
Address: 152.228.204.144
Name:    pkgmaster.devuan.org
Address: 2001:41d0:a:511b::98e4:cc90

I believe that it would be best to sync from pkgmaster (it has 250mbps) and
with the recent changes should have been offloaded by user traffic. Else in the
worst case the delays will accumulate up to one hour.

With best regards,
b.