:: Re: [DNG] Early Days at Bell Labs
Author: Peter Duffy
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Early Days at Bell Labs
Thanks for the link to that - brilliant talk. I've always thought that
Brian Kernighan himself was the great communicator in the UNIX group - I
wonder whether "The C Programming Language" and "The Unix Programming
Environment" would have happened without his obvious ability to take
abstruse and difficult material and make it accessible.

If I had one incredibly tiny nit to pick, it would be that he didn't
mention GNU (it appeared once in the slide showing Linus' original
email). Without GNU, it's reasonable to suppose that linux wouldn't have
happened.