:: Re: [DNG] Early Days at Bell Labs -…
Author: terryc
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Early Days at Bell Labs - Youtube, the systemd of video
On Sun, 16 Jan 2022 11:56:51 +0000
ael via Dng <dng@???> wrote:

> On Sun, Jan 16, 2022 at 04:12:44AM -0500, Steve Litt wrote:
> >
> > This was discussed on the devuan-offtopic IRC channel, so I watched
> > the video:
> >
> > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECCr_KFl41E
>
> But youtube has become impossible to watch with hideous intrusive
> deviant advertisements... And google seem to have found a way to make
> youtube-dl hopelessly slow. Not to mention that the YT viewer is
> dire: you can't slow down or speed up etc like, say, mpv.

Shrug, I've just been using the youtube-dl (in the repository) in a
couple of terminals as I do other stuff and eventually get around to
using vlc to watch them

I've been doing that for only a short while and find I've had to create
a file structure to store them by subject.

Tip, restarting some stuff where it responds '403 forbidden' is
usually successful.

YMMV, but I find that procedure better than purging cookies to get the
one add free 'preview'.

By the time you posted, the subject video had downloaded.