:: Re: [DNG] HDA AD1882 no card
Author: karl
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] HDA AD1882 no card
ael:
> On Sun, Jan 09, 2022 at 07:32:13PM +0100, karl@??? wrote:
> > I have a lenovo desktop computer which I cannot make sound work
> > on, what am I missing ?
> >
> > It's a HDA AD1882 "sound card", but alsamixer says "no card".
> >
> > alsa-info, kernel config and lenovo doc (see p.80) in:
> > http://aspodata.se/tmp/sound/

> I would start with
> # lspci -k |less

00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) HD Audio Controller (rev 02)
        Subsystem: Lenovo 82801I (ICH9 Family) HD Audio Controller
        Kernel driver in use: snd_hda_intel
        Kernel modules: snd_hda_intel

Added lspci output to above site.
> # modinfo snd_hda_intel (or whatver your driver is)
> Seems plausible that you may need to adjust some parameters there to
> match your hardware. But you have an old lenova which surely must have
> been sorted out years ago?

Hmm, there are a lot of parameters.
I have used model=AD1882.
Added modinfo output to above site.

> $ aplay -l

aplay: device_list:274: no soundcards found...

> Look also in /proc/asound/cards

 0 [Intel          ]: HDA-Intel - HDA Intel
                      HDA Intel at 0xd01a0000 irq 26

Regards,
/Karl Hammar