:: Re: [DNG] request for assistance
Author: wirelessduck
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] request for assistance

> On 7 Jan 2022, at 22:02, o1bigtenor via Dng <dng@???> wrote:
>
> Greetings
>
> Basic question is: what happened?
>
> I wanted to update a beowulf system.
> So did the apt update, apt upgrade, apt dist-upgrade
> after changing the references in /etc/apt/sources.list
> from beowulf to chimaera.
>
> After reboot - - - well - - - screen says devuan but
> uname -r is 4.19.xx and not 5.10.xx
>
> Any ideas as to how I update the kernel?
>
> TIA

Do you have the linux-image-amd64 package installed? This is the meta-package that depends on the latest Linux kernel package for the currently installed release; 4.19 for beowulf and 5.10 for chimaera. Without this package there is nothing to tell APT to install the newer kernel package on dist-upgrade.

https://pkginfo.devuan.org/cgi-bin/policy-query.html?c=package&q=linux-image-amd64&x=submit