:: Re: [DNG] request for assistance
Author: Dr. Nikolaus Klepp
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] request for assistance
Anno domini 2022 Fri, 7 Jan 05:01:46 -0600
o1bigtenor via Dng scripsit:
> Greetings
>
> Basic question is: what happened?
>
> I wanted to update a beowulf system.
> So did the apt update, apt upgrade, apt dist-upgrade
> after changing the references in /etc/apt/sources.list
> from beowulf to chimaera.
>
> After reboot - - - well - - - screen says devuan but
> uname -r is 4.19.xx and not 5.10.xx
>
> Any ideas as to how I update the kernel?

Most likely you have 2 kernels installed, but GRUB loads the old one. Check that with
$ dpkg -l|grep linux-image

If so, then uninstall the old kernel and reboot. If not, install the new kernel with
# apt-get install linux-image-5.<press-tab>

Nik