:: Re: [DNG] xdg-desktop-portal
Author: Didier Kryn
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] xdg-desktop-portal
Le 06/01/2022 à 22:30, Ken Dibble a écrit :
> At the risk of confirming that I am none too smart, I have the
> following question.\
>
> Why is xdg-desktop-portal in a fresh install of Chimaera?\
>
> It can be safely uninstalled, as it no devuan packages in the base
> install require it,
>
> and as far as I can tell it is only needed for snap and systemd type
> stuff.
>
> I only noticed it because it screws with df.
>
> Can someone enlighten me?

    Everything xdg* is Freedesktop. I don't kow about this new package
proper.

    I draw your attention to $HOME/.config/user-dirs.dirs, which
governs the default directories used by some applications and which,
therefore, are created by your desktop env if they don't exist.

    If you want to get rid of some of them, it is not enough to remove
them, you should also redefine them in this file.

Hth.

--     Didier