:: Re: [DNG] make-rc: A parallel (as i…
Author: onefang
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] make-rc: A parallel (as in make(1)) alternative to sysv-rc
A long time ago, in a galaxy far far away, or something...

I wrote an implementation of sysv-init based on the LSB spec. This was
back when the LSB spec was a thing. Not even looked at it since, but
let's see if I can correctly recall some of the features.

Written in C.

Fully implemented the LSB spec.

Included those helper programs that LSB also specced.

Figured out dependencies from those LSB comments. Could figure those
dependencies from init "scripts" written in other languages, by looking
for similar bits of text in their executables.

Included a few of the basic common sysv-init scripts, also written in C.

It may have ran things in parallel, but obviously dependencies where run
one after the other.

Was as fast as you could imagine it being.

May have been written as a BusyBox module.

I should find out where I left it (might have been Source Forge), move it
to my own git server, and make it a ToyBox module.

In my copious spare time. lol