:: Re: [DNG] Printer trouble again. --…
Author: Hendrik Boom
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Printer trouble again. -- solved
On Sat, Jan 01, 2022 at 03:07:44PM -0500, Hendrik Boom wrote:
> I installed CUPS a part of the standard istall long ago.
> I had no trouble configuring it back the to talk sweet to me printer.
> Worked fine. Bu tnow it doesn't.
>
> The printer seems to hae changed its IP number.
> Now I can tell it explicitly what IP numder to use by entering stuff in its
> physical control panel. So all I should have to do is to set its IP number to
> whatever CUPS (now unsuccessfuly) uses to talk to it.
>
> What I don't know is how to get CUPS to tell me what IP number it currently thinks
> belongs to the printer.
>
> There should be some simple way of asking CUPS to tell me this.
>
> -- hendrik

As I mentioned esewhere, the problem wasn't that CUPS had the wrong IP number.
And I thought I'd have to delete CUPS knowledge of my printer before starting
over with its cofiguration.
But I could find no way to tell CUPS to remove a printer (and it seems to know
several that no longer exist.)

However, I just went to http port 631 on localhost and told it to add a printer.
Worked like a charm. Don't know what it did with the old printer description.
Presumably it *is* possiblt to have two identical printers with different
options.

-- hendrik