:: Re: [DNG] merged /usr breakage
Author: karl
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] merged /usr breakage
Steve Litt:
> karl@??? said on Tue, 4 Jan 2022 00:08:01 +0100 (CET)

> >busybox can replace the mount command, but there is no fsck.* in
> >busybox.
>
> Rather than fighting the mostly political fight of usr-merge,

If it makes systems unbootable it isn't a "political" fight.

> my first
> thought would be to make a whole new directory on the root partition.

> I'd probably call it /bb . Put all the static executables
> needed in early boot there. If there are a lot, it could have
> subdirectories,

We already have /bin and /sbin, there is no need to create a new one.

> and a bb.d subdirectory with scripts to be performed in
> order.

We already have one, /etc/rcS.d, which serves booting.

///

If you seriously want new directories for booting, somewhere
in /boot is more appropriate, it could possible replace initrd.

Regards,
/Karl Hammar