:: Re: [DNG] Priter trouble again.
Author: william moss
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Priter trouble again.
On 1/3/22 6:10 AM, Florian Zieboll via Dng wrote:

> Hallo Hendrick,
>
> just another possibility: If there's no intermediate print server,
> grepping your local '/etc/cups/printers.conf' for 'DeviceURI' will
> reveal the printer's IP address resp. its hostname as well.
>
> Libre Grüße,
> Florian

If your router has a fixed address table, different routers seem to name
this differently, set the MAC address of the printer to a fixed IP. Some
routers require that this address be outside the DHCP range, others
within it. Read your routers documentation. For my Linksys AC1200-WRT,
the table is called a static lease. Since my router also honors DDNS, I
can also name a network client. I do this static lease for all permanent
clients on my LAN.

--
William (Bill) Moss
billmoss@???

     Justice will not be served until those who are
     unaffected are as outraged as those who are.
Benjamin Franklin

     When the people fear the government there is
     tyranny, when the government fears the people
     there is liberty.
John Basil Barnhill