:: [DNG] more printer questions
Author: o1bigtenor
To: Devuan ML
Subject: [DNG] more printer questions
Greetings

Following the thread 'Priter trouble again' there has
been some discussion on finding the IP address of the
printer.

Thought I would look at my information.
Printer is connected to my lan using a standard (I think
it is anyway) ethernet cable.

When I look in the 'Printers' tab I see the following:

Queue NameDescriptionLocationMake and ModelStatus
HP_Color_LaserJet_M452dw_2AB8D4_HP_Color_LaserJet_M452dw_2AB8D4_Color
LaserJet M452dwIdle
HP_Color_LaserJet_M452dw_2AB8D4_@???_Color_LaserJet_M452dw_2AB8D4_@???
Color LaserJet M452dw, driverless, cups-filters 1.28.10Idle

when I shut the printer off the second line disappears

1. that's a goofy looking address - - - any ideas as to why
    the address is listed like that
2. the printer is listed as "driverless"
    means that something is not right - - - so what do I do?

(I'm assuming that I need to install drivers but whose and why?)

TIA