:: Re: [DNG] Pipewire and PulseAudio: …
Author: Marc Shapiro
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Pipewire and PulseAudio: apulse & firefox

On 12/14/21 17:00, Steve Litt wrote:
> Marc Shapiro via Dng said on Tue, 14 Dec 2021 14:09:31 -0800

>>>     On Chimaera: Mozilla Firefox 78.15.0esr - sound workswith Alsa
>>> only.
>> I just purged ale pipewire configs and removed and purged pulseaudio.
>> Firefox 95.0 (downloaded from Mozilla) is providing sound with no
>> issues, so far).
> Have you power cycled yet?

Thanks for reminding me!

Powered down and rebooted.  No sound in Firefox, or xine.

Installed apulse.  Still no sound in firefox, or xine.

Re-installed pulseaudio.  Sound is back.

Uninstalled pulseaudio.  Reinstalled pipewire.  No sound.

Uninstalled pipewire.  Reinstalled pulseaudio.  Sound is back.

Looks like I'm stuck with pulsaudio.

BTW: As expected, play and aplay work just fine with neither pulseaudio
or pipewire installed.

Marc