:: Re: [DNG] Pipewire and PulseAudio
Author: ael
To: Alexis PM via Dng, o
Subject: Re: [DNG] Pipewire and PulseAudio
On Wed, Dec 15, 2021 at 11:23:07AM +0000, Alexis PM via Dng wrote:

> > Main contributor is from certain company associated with color red and
> > a headgear. Given the sentiment on this list, you may want to think twice.
>
> "pipewire" is not Red Hat's evil version of a supposedly innocent and community-based "pulseaudio". In fact, knowing who is behind each, although I distrust both, I think possibly more reliable the person behind "pipewire".
>
> The creator of "pipewire" is Wim Taymans, Red Hat engineer, co-creator of the "gstreamer" multimedia framework together with Erik Walthinsen.
>
> On the other hand, Lennart Poettering, Red Hat engineer too, is the person behind "pulseaudio" and "systemd".

I also think there can be an over reaction to Redhat. I know someone who
works for them, and distrusts systemd as much as anyone on this list,
and I gather that he is not alone in that view within redhat.

It seems to be a pretty accurate rule of thumb that any company that is
publically owned cannot be trusted. Google and RH were not too bad until
they were listed. It seems that then the corrupting suits move in and destroy
any ethics.

ael