:: Re: [DNG] system administration of …
Author: Didier Kryn
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] system administration of non-systemd distros and releases
Le 25/11/2021 à 19:11, Simon a écrit :
> So in some ways it’s a step along the road of making things easier for the general user, or in this case, the power user or novice admin. So yes, the user does get what they are asking for - but the downside is that when it breaks, it’s harder to fix.

    Independently of the commercial motivations of RH, it seems to me
(from reading about it) that Systemd is rather meant to protect the
security of the system against the admin, who is supposed an idiot, as
clueless as the mean M$ or McOs "owner". This might be understood as a
building block to make systemd-linux-gnu able to catch a share of the
market of the two above.

    Similarly, automatic flight control prevents the planes to obey the
pilots and causes crashes because they're buggy. But crashes could also
be caused by the errors of the pilots. At the end, with time, automation
will prove safer than humans. I'm sorry of this because I was a private
pilot.

    For myself, I prefer Linux to remain an OS for geeks rather than try
to catch the market of clueless users, but the last has been, for
decades, the quest of Gnome, and now of Freedesktop. Systemd fits well
in the plot.

--     Didier