:: Re: [DNG] chimaera and xfce look co…
Author: Riccardo Mottola
To: Ralph Ronnquist, dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] chimaera and xfce look consistency
Hi Ralph!

Ralph Ronnquist via Dng wrote:
> What you see there is one of the effects of "Client Side Rendering"
> which is this new fad that wants to return to the cowboy times of
> mid-80's where every GUI program implements its own looks and style.
> It's generally called "progress".

that was it! I installed the nocsd package suggested, login/logout and
voilà things look nice again.
Sure XFCE looks changed a little, but it is consistend and enjoyable again.

We have cowboy times with lot of apps, all those web apps, think about
Skype, Discord, Slack... all those "wrapped web browsers" compared to
older versions of Skype with proper menus, decorations, consitent font
rendering... and 1/10th of memory usage :)

Progress... perhaps also having windows 10 looking worse than windows
1.0 is called progress :) I am using a laptop or a workstation, not a
tablet or phone. But Microsoft and Apple forget this lately....

Riccardo