:: Re: [DNG] Embedded devuan (was Re: …
Author: onefang
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Embedded devuan (was Re: Devuan with usr merge?)
On 2021-11-16 14:36:23, Didier Kryn wrote:
> Le 16/11/2021 à 14:31, Dr. Nikolaus Klepp via Dng a écrit :
> > Anno domini 2021 Tue, 16 Nov 14:19:59 +0100
> > Didier Kryn scripsit:

> >>     Aboriginal is nice and Rob Landley is doing a great job. But are you
> >> sure about uClibc. I thought Aboriginal had switched to Musl years ago.
> >> uClibc is pretty far from POSIX compliance, and also from Glibc, which
> >> would make the system difficult to use as a build platform, although
> >> otherwise functional, of course. AFAIR, Rob Landley is developping his
> >> binutils mostly because of a disagreement with Busybox license.
> > Is it still under devlopment? The archives end 2016.
> >
>     Yes, very active and with pretty constructive exchanges and
> collaboration with Glibc. I'm on the mailing list. See
> http://musl.libc.org <http://musl.libc.org>

Think you are talking about two different things there. Again quoting
from the website http://landley.net/aboriginal/news.html -

"April 30, 2017

-- End of Line --

Development of Aboriginal Linux has ended, replaced by mkroot."

He has much more to say on that topic, I suggest reading it. Ah, he does
indeed comment on the license change of busybox in that.

My use of Aboriginal Linux predated that, so I can't comment on the
mkroot replacement.

BTW I did contribute to Aboriginal Linux, the x486 support was my work,
coz the embedded device I was using it for uses an x486 clone CPU.