:: Re: [DNG] Devuan with usr merge?
Author: Florian Zieboll
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Devuan with usr merge?
On Mon, 15 Nov 2021 21:19:08 +0100
Antoine via Dng <dng@???> wrote:

> For what it's worth, I can confirm this : I ran a BeagleBoneBlack
> build of Devuan for a while and was rather surprised one day to
> discover that it had no kernel package installed at all. The kernel
> and initramfs where packed into a u-boot file and once loaded, the OS
> didn't care.

As I use to do a minimal *.bian install on my SoC hardware, which I afterwards move to the Devuan repositories, while keeping the related original "firmware" repository, I must confess that the whole "embedded"-thing is still somewhat unclear to me, at least regarding kernel and firmware updates. I'd be more than happy to get a hint towards an honest introduction to this topic.

Libre Grüße,
Florian