:: [devuan-dev] bug#630: exim 4.94.5 i…
Author: Mark Hindley
To: sawbona, 630
Subject: [devuan-dev] bug#630: exim 4.94.5 installation configures IPv6 by default on IPv4 only machines
Control: tags -1 debian

Hi,

Thanks for this.

On Sat, Nov 13, 2021 at 05:31:42PM -0300, sawbona@??? wrote:
> Package: exim4
> Version: 4.92-5
> Severity: grave
>
> I've previously reported this bug to Debian:

> Unfortunately, a *single* reference to Devuan slipped by my editing.
> As a result, the bug report was instantly/swiftly closed by the chap
> in charge with the reply being:

I have just had a quick look through your Debian report. I don't think it is
closed, just downgraded to wishlist. I don't see any mention of Devuan or that
being the reason for his response

> "Well, you are running an unsupported setup."

I think this comment might relate to the fact that it is unsupported to comment
out the default ipv6 localhost entries in /etc/hosts.

If you reinstate them, does the pause on startup disappear?

[..]

> I'd appreciate any comments you'd care to make.

I am not sure there is anything we can do in Devuan as this isn't a forked
package and we use Debian's packages directly without recompilation.

Best wishes

Mark