:: Re: [DNG] Devuan with usr merge?
Author: Steve Litt
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Devuan with usr merge?
karl@??? said on Sat, 13 Nov 2021 22:28:02 +0100 (CET)

>James Cloos:
>> > So yes, it is time to eliminate /bin, /sbin and /lib.
>> the real result shod be eliminate /usr.
>
>Guys, please don't push unnessary changes and policies
>to the user. Let each and everyone be the master of his/her
>own systems.

Ex-actly!

>Just because debian wants to go that route doesn't mean
>it has to be engraved as a policy for devuan.

If it's possible to diverge from Debian's usr merge with Devuan's given
(wo)manpower, I agree. Starting somewhere in the 00's, Debian started
making a lot of bad decisions.

By the way, for the person who really wants the usr merge, wouldn't the
conversion from an unmerged system consist of two mass copies and a few
symlinks?

SteveT

Steve Litt