:: Re: [maemo-leste] Phone support on …
Author: Merlijn Wajer
To: Pavel Machek
CC: maemo-leste, Dev Null
Subject: Re: [maemo-leste] Phone support on Droid 4
Hi,

On 08/11/2021 22:20, Pavel Machek wrote:
> Hi!

>>> No problem, I was rather busy anyway.
>
> Ok, I should have a bit more time now.
>
>>> Wiki page how to do the switch would be welcome :-), but I'll try to
>>> figure it out. Do I need to do something special to install the audio
>>> parts?
>>
>> Yeah, we really need a page on -devel. I was somewhat reluctant in the
>> past not to have every user just switch to -devel and then complain wen
>> the system breaks. :-)
>>
>> You need to add this line to apt:
>>
>>     deb https://maedevu.maemo.org/leste beowulf-devel main contrib non-free

> Ok, this was successful, and I have sphone. I found a place where
> phone should have at least weak GSM signal. Ofono is running, but
> modem is not online:
>
> user@devuan-droid4:/my/ofono$ sudo python2 test/list-modems
> [ /motmdm_0 ]
>     SystemPath = /sys/devices/platform/44000000.ocp/4a000000.interconnect/4a000000.interconnect:segment@0/4a064000.target-module/4a064000.usbhshost/4a064800.ohci/usb2/2-1
>     Features =
>     Emergency = 0
>     Powered = 0
>     Lockdown = 0
>     Interfaces =
>     Online = 0
>     Type = hardware

> ..but I can't get modem online:
>
> user@devuan-droid4:/my/ofono$ sudo python2 test/online-modem
> Setting modem /motmdm_0 online...
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "test/online-modem", line 17, in <module>
>     modem.SetProperty("Online", dbus.Boolean(1), timeout = 120)
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/dbus/proxies.py", line 70, in __call__
>     return self._proxy_method(*args, **keywords)
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/dbus/proxies.py", line 145, in __call__
>     **keywords)
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/dbus/connection.py", line 651, in call_blocking
>     message, timeout)
> dbus.exceptions.DBusException: org.ofono.Error.NotAvailable: Operation currently not available
> user@devuan-droid4:/my/ofono$

This is weird, I don't usually have this problem. This seems to be ofono
related, maybe try restarting ofono? That helps sometimes for me -- the
ofono d4 port needs more work to make sure it triggers in all cases,
there's quite a few instances where it just blocks because it doesn't
realise there are messages to be read.

Cheers,
Merlijn